Friends of Arrow Rock
Office and Education Coordinator
This part-time position (32 hours per week) supports the work of the Friends of Arrow Rock by assisting with administrative duties and coordinating educational activities and volunteers. Looking for someone who is motivated by the mission of preserving and sharing the stories of this fascinating place who has the flexible, “can do” attitude required with a small staff.
1. Minimum of two years college.
2. Minimum of three years office work experience. Previous experience working with volunteers and educational programs preferred.
3. Ability to interact positively with the public, volunteers, board members and staff.
4. Typing skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word are essential. Other computer skills, especially familiarity with Microsoft Excel and/or QuickBooks will be considered a strong plus.
5. Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical to success.
6. Flexibility in work schedule and occasional weekend hours will be required.
7. Willing to be bonded (Friends of Arrow Rock will pay fee).
A. Administrative Duties
- General clerical duties.
- Answer phone and emails.
- Respond to walk-in traffic, including shop sales.
- Maintain membership lists.
- Administer memorials and acknowledgements.
- Order and maintain bookstore inventory.
- Reconcile monthly sales and tours.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
B. Education Duties
- Administer school education programs, including check-in, recruiting teachers, teaching programs, and maintaining contact lists for teachers.
- Supervise tour guides and volunteers who assist in the office.
- Train summer employees.
- Work with consultants to design education programs, tours and exhibits.
- Conduct tours and substitute for tour guides as needed.
- Organize volunteer group of trained docents.
- Organize teacher workshops.
- Keep records of educational programs and activities.
- Write activity reports, including a summary of education activities for the annual report.
- Serve on the education committee.
The Office and Education Coordinator shall be directly responsible to the Executive Director of the Friends of Arrow Rock.
The Office and Education Coordinator shall supervise the tour guides and in-office volunteers.
Part time—32 hours per week, exempt.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $12.00 to $16.00 per hour, depending on experience. Two (4-day) weeks of paid vacation annually, plus three personal days.
Resumes to be received by July 12 or until the position is filled.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Kathy Borgman, Executive
Friends of Arrow Rock
PO Box 124
Arrow Rock, MO 65320
Or email to office@FriendsofArrowRock.org
Finalists for the position will be asked to furnish references.