A KANSAS CITY HOLIDAY
featuring dinner overlooking the Plaza Lights!
Kansas City – Tuesday, Dec. 3
We’ll visit some of the most popular attractions in Kansas City when Friends of Arrow hits the road for a day trip on Tuesday, Dec. 3. All are welcome to join this fun one-day getaway, whether or not they are members of Friends of Arrow Rock. The outing will culminate with dinner in the 10th floor conference room of the Polsinelli Law firm, which overlooks the fabulous Plaza lights!
Here’s the planned itinerary:
- 8 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 3, depart from the Friends of Arrow Rock office at 310 main Street, Arrow Rock, on a Doc & Norm bus, (with additional pick-up in Marshall at 8:20 a.m.) arriving at our first destination at approximately 10 a.m.
- A private tour of the historic Wornall House
The John Wornall House is one of the few surviving antebellum houses in the Kansas City area and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Wornall built the house in 1858, on his 500-acre farm. It served as family home for over 100 years before being restored to its mid-nineteenth century style and opened as a museum.
- Lunch at Grunauer
Austrian and central European Cuisine offered in the heart of Kansas City. Nicholas Grünauer, his father Peter and sister Elisabeth, along with long-time friend and Viennese restauranteur Klaus Piber have collaborated in order to open a namesake Viennese Gasthaus in the historic Freight House. The restaurant is the second iteration of the family’s popular and long-lived restaurant of the same name in Vienna’s artsy Neubau neighborhood, and they bring much of the same inspired Austrian cooking, hospitality and atmosphere to downtown Kansas City.
- Visit to the National World War I Museum and Memorial
America’s official World War 1 museum and memorial, and home to the most comprehensive collection of World War 1 objects in the world.
- Free time for shopping
- Catered dinner, including wine & beer, overlooking the Plaza Lights in the Polsinelli Law Firm meeting room.
• Return to Arrow Rock following dinner, arrive approx. 10 p.m.
Tickets for this trip are $150/per person ($50 of which is required for a deposit) and this price includes transportation, meals (except alcoholic beverages at lunch), and all tours and admissions. Space is limited so reserve your seat early by sending a check to Friends of Arrow Rock, PO Box 124, Arrow Rock, MO 65320, or by calling the FAR office at 660-837-3231. Reservations will close when the trip reaches its capacity of 40.